98 Dodge Dakota - Panic button

I got a first production run 98 Dakota. It came with a key fob with a panic button in the center, lock and unlock on the end. Thing is,
Dodge did not put any instructions in the manual on how to use or what to do with it. My friend, with a 97, doesn't have the panic feature so they must have added it before they revised the manual.
Every once in a while, I set the panic off inadvertantly. I just push stuff until it goes off. Never really know what gets the job done. Sometimes it sets up so the truck will immediatley stall when started. and I have to trial and error push buttons until it works.
Can anyone tell me how this thing works.
Push the panic button once the horn blows.
Push it again and it stops.
There is no connection at all to any security system or starter ignition interlock.