Ping Mac Davis

Hey Mac, was there a twister down by your place today? Is everything ok?

FMB

Reply to
FMB

I really don't know... *g*

We left for Baja on the 13th and got back last (Monday) night... things here were wet but drying out and seem normal, but I haven't talked to any of the neighbors yet... supposed to be in the 70's all week though..

Mac

mac davis

Well, I hope you didn't miss much weather. Did you and SWMBO have a good time down south? Get started on the house yet? Did you fly or take the Dakota? (This makes it an alt.autos.dodge.trucks subject and not off topic. lol)

FMB

Reply to
FMB

Ok.. on topic part.... We had the Dak ready in case our neighbor didn't come with us, since it gets 20 mpg, but she went so we took the Ram, which only gets

15 mpg put has more room, especially in the back seat..

We had a great time.. every trip seems way too short and hard to come back "home"... baja already seems like home..

They poured the roof last week... wiring is mostly in and they're getting it built faster than we expected...

I'll try posting a picture here, which will probably get stripped... *g* There's one on alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking if this one doesn't make it...

Kind of funny, they put a huge trash can in front, so we've named it Casa De Basura.... *lol*

Mac

mac davis

I doubt that a 19k binary would even get noticed but a few servers will strip it out by default. Things are coming along quickly.

Reply to
TBone

nice lookin place mac keep on postin the progress.

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

yeah, lot faster than we or the builder expected.... He found out that a friend in Mexicali had a job cancel and "borrowed" his subs....

(comcast stripped it, I guess.. didn't show up here)

Mac

mac davis

Great looking pics, Mac. Hope everything goes well. When do you two anticipate pulling the plug?

FMB

Reply to
FMB

We're doing a lot of "what if's" right now..

the original plan was to be there by march, 2008... that's when Nan urns 50..

We're crunching numbers now to see if it's worth waiting, though... question being "Is Nan working for 2 more years to take advantage of her higher income, or is she just working so that we can afford to live here?"

We might decide not to rent the first house out at all, just move into the sucker when it's done and sell our house here... I think I can keep my web clients and hope to make money on the wood stuff... When we get the 2nd house built,that will give us another $700 to $1,000 a month, but we need to sell our house here to build the 2nd house... Sort of damned if we do and damned if we don't...

Got a trailer trip to Baja planned for the future? *g*

Mac

mac davis

I've wanted to go to Mexico for quite awhile now, but still haven't convinced the War Dept she will be safe. One of these days. I looked for SF on Google Earth to take a peek and couldn't find it.

FMB

Reply to
FMB

This is where we're building... also the best rv park in Mexico...

A little story... 2 years ago we heard that a friend (ford owner, but still a friend) had made reservations in an rv park in Mexico... everyone freaked!

We told him that we;d heard about bandits.. also drug runners that killed people and used the rv to smuggle drugs... all kind of bad things... He heard other horror stories from others..

He researched for 6 months... area, climate, crime rate, etc.. and finally got his wife calmed down and spent a week at El Dorado RV park.. and bought a lot to build his house on.. lol

Mainland Mexico might be different, but Baja is very safe and friendly.. like San Diego South... nice people, cheap food and drink, great weather etc... We've never felt like we were at as much risk there as we are in Fresno... Mac

mac davis

Hopefully, I'll talk her into it this year, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm heading for Hat Creek though the week before Memorial Day weekend. That is always a great place to take the truck with the Fox following. Great trout fishing, lots of relaxing places to hike or drive to.

FMB

Reply to
FMB

We just found out that the RV storage place in clovis lost their lease.. we have to be out by May 15, so we've arranged a space with San Felipe Storage and we'll take it down on Memorial day weekend and come back without it..

Mac

mac davis