Ping ........ Mac Davis

Anybody seen/heard from Mac since mid October? I thought South Mexico had internet. All his old email addresses are DOA as is his old web page. I didn't think the house was finished down there yet.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

I hear from Red who keeps in touch with mac. But a month ago, I guess, hadn't heard from him in some time.

I'll check with Red later and see if anything new has developed.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I got an email from him a couple days ago, but he didn't really say much about what he has going on.

Reply to
azwiley1

Just got a reply from Mac, here is the gist of it.

From Mac, We have a home phone but still no internet.... they've been out 3 times but no luck after 4 months of messing with it... Almost like being in a foreign country! :-[

It's hard enough to keep up with email and web publishing using the wireless at the cantina's, but newsgroups would be just too much hassle... should have our DSL at home soon, though...

Reply to
azwiley1

Thanks to you and Roy. I was beginning to think he had da machine and the 'off' button was out of reach. Next time you write him, tell him FMB said howdy, hope he and his beautiful better half are having a great time.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

No worries, I will pass on your "howdy"

Reply to
azwiley1

Just to clear things up a bit. Although he won't admit it, the wide ride Rabbit has had "the machine" for the better part of a year. At one time it WAS in mac's possesion. He made arrangements to give it to Red on a trip to Fort Lewis to visit his son. Seems that the Rabbit caught wind of the move. There were reports of a 4X4 Dodge with a snow plow on it heading west on I-90. Anyway, mac spent the night at a hotel enroute and when he returned to the truck in the morning the crate containing "the machine" was missing. Looking around he spotted some carrot greens on the ground around his truck. Since that time Denny has been spending a lot of time out in the barn. One can only imagine what he's doing.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Unsubstanciated reports at that....

Anyway, mac spent the night at a hotel enroute and

My cows are all happy....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

And you are the happiest cow of all!!!!!!!!!!!

Note that there was no denial at all by the Rabbit. I guess if "the machine" fits, ya gotta wear it or plug into it.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Note...He who types the most is probably the most guilty....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Hey Bob!

We're "alive in baja" and doing well...

We tried to get the DSL working for 5 months and finally bit the bullet yesterday and bought a dish (now we have THREE of the suckers on the roof) for $600 and they hooked us up today...

I'll be bugging everyone regularly again if the dish works ok and "usermonster" server doesn't get too expensive... lol

When are you coming down???

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Well waddayaknow, you are alive. Was beginning to worry you took Nan out of the Country then kicked off. azwiley1 set me straight though. $600 US?

Thought you might have gotten stuck with da machine, but Roy got you off that hook, I guess Denny has it.... says his cows are very happy.

When are you gonna have your own web site open again? Got your wood working tools set up yet? I might talk SWMBO into going south but probably not this year. We have several camping trips planned this year, all in CA and almost all in AU country. Should be fun.

So, how are you and the boss likin it down there?

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Yep... with a $100 rebate that might get here in our lifetimes...

I read that... the way it was worded, I was really, really hoping that it was the machine that was making those cows happy when Denny went out to the barn... I heard that safe sex in the midwest was putting duct tape "X"'s on all the farm animals that kick...

I'm working on bajawoodcraft.com, but it takes time that I don't want to spend right now... my stuff doesn't sell on the web, so I'd rather spend the time making and pimping it in person...

Yeah, pretty much... added a table saw and getting a planner this weekend in El Central... can't get stuff like that mailed to a PO Box... All of the flat work stuff is in the rv carport, only the lathes and band saw are in the house...

Well, do a quick 4 or 5 day trip... you don't NEED the rv... If you're not towing, we're about 12 hours from Fresno, adjust accordingly.... Got a guest room & bath, so save some fuel and leave the rv home..

We love it.... She left today for 2 weeks to visit her folks and the grand kids... I'd rather be here, away from stress and crazy gringo's..