Ping.....Snowman

Since you didn't see my question to you in the other thread, I copied and pasted the revelent part here so you'd find it. I really hope you give me an honest answer to it.

quote

You do mean not listen to you and your lack of maturity right? Dodges > are know for these kinda of problems and unless you have your head in > the sand you would know about it.

Nope. No head in sand problem with me but I do know the OP's problem has been well documented before and there is no need to trade in the truck over a simple speed sensor/connector problem. Just out of curiosity, if it were your truck with the described problem, would you put in a speed sensor/connector or would you trade in the truck??? I would really like an honest answer to this. unquote

There it is, would you trade the truck if it was yours and had that problem?????

Denny

Reply to
Denny

My answers are always honest umlike some others. Sometime I abandon threads when the children play too much because I am here to help not cause crap like some others are

As I recall it was having several problems. Some Dodges can be a real pain in the arse about electrical issues and you have to temper the answer with the persons abilty to repair it and the cost of doing it if they have to farm it out. When you start taking things to dealers to fix because you cannot fix it your self and have a lot of problems, it is time to consider dumping it because the dealer repair cost can get to 1000 easily sometime and that money would be better spent on a replacement vehicle

This is not as easy to answer as you suggest because I use my trucks in bussiness so I can write off repairs (they are not for pleasure usage as my newest a 2000 only has 38K on it now) I do look at the bottom line,cost and depreication and then factor it all in and decide at what point it is better to replace the vehicle. Generally though when it starts to be unreliable, it gets replaced if it cannot be effectively fixed (cost and down time). I do most of my own work and I do a lot of PM that others would never dream of so that my trucks are always 100% ready to roll. If I farmed out all repairs I would likely replace them more often than I do but that would cut into my profit margin too so that is why I do most of my own work but someone that cannot and who is at the mercy of dealers should think twice about pouring money into a troublesome vehicle when it is a pleasure use unit. I have better thing to do with my money than to pour it into a lost cause. As fars as at what point it is a lost cause, it is a lot sooner when you are farming out all the repairs and not able to deduct any of the costs too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Hey Rabbitt let me help ya out here! I'll try to answer honestly for the idiot.

Idiot's answer: "I saw your question and as I always do when I give bad info, I ignored it"

What he really means is. " When people catch me posting wrong answers and call me names I run and hide"

This is easy. " I think it is crap when people tell me my answer's are wrong"

What he truly means is: "Especially when you are a idiot like me and don't have a clue as to what or where a speed sensor is or does"

Herein lies the problem. What he means here is:

"It should be clear to everybody by now that I don't have any ability to repair anything, so I certainly don't know the cost of the part's"

Above is classic idiot, what he's trying to say is:

"Seeing as I really am a classic BS'er and don't know a thing about what I'm talking about it was easier for me to tell the girl that her truck was junk and to trade it in. Doing that in my sick mind would have been cheaper than to have a $45.00 part replaced."

I guess we all should be thankful that the idiots advice was not dangerous this time.

This stuff in just mind numbing.

Rabbit this fool is running a snow plowing deal on 17 year old equipment? And he's talking about depreciation on 17 year old+ equipment.

That must reall instill confidence in those that share the road with him.

Yup, that $45.00 speed senser would force me to close the doors.

Comes a lot sooner when ya don't know what the hell you are doing.

Hope I've helped ya clear this up. I'm going to put my head in a vise now!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

If you really want to see a idoit, look in the mirro. Again you spout off on things you know abolutly nothing about just to "hear" yourself talk. You are not bothering me at all (only making yourself look bad) so knock yourself out.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Speaking of knocking.... :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

The above speaks for itself.

Well, I know what a speed senser does, know where it is, how to change it, how much it cost's, that it is cheaper and more cost effective to put the $45.00 part into the truck rather than trade it. All which you apparantly don't!

Oh, I also know you can't depreciate a 17 year old truck.

What I am hopefully doing is pointing out that you post absolute BS 99% of the time.

Reply to
Roy

Well, they may be honest but uninformed most of the time.

Let me insert a parargraph from the original post.... qoute.. I'm ready to take my hubby's truck to the dump!! He is currently deployed and I am left to take care of this truck. The ABS light is on, the brake light is on, and now the speedometer is going crazy!! Can any of you guys/gals give me insight on what may be the problem? Do I need to take it somewhere to have it put on the diagnostic machine? Should I just take it to the dealer and pay them too much money? Ugh... unquote

As I read it, the abs light is on, brake light on and speedo going crazy. To anybody that knows anything about Dodge trucks this just stinks of speed sensor. One sensor can and does cause all three symptoms.

Some Dodges can be a real

Even at a dealer this is a $100 repair.

You typed out a whole paragraph and still did not answer the question. If this was your truck with those symptoms, would you just trade the truck in??

Denny

Reply to
Denny

  1. then why did you respond if it doesn't bother you at all?
  2. as far as "spouting off on things that you know "abolutly"nothing about".........well, you are pretty much the expert on that.
  3. he isn't making himself look bad, not at all, he really is making you look bad. he is doing a pretty decent job of pointing out the places where you f*ck up. of course, you make that fairly easy.
  4. idoit? come on, slow down and relax a little. type just a touch slower.
  5. you do know it isn't a mirro don't you? just checking man.
Reply to
theguy

I presume due to your lack of answer that I am a troll and you are done with this thread. That's too bad as I really wanted to know if you'd have traded your truck in. I guess it'll just be one of the great mysteries of life....

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Well, you could always go by his house and look. You have a couple of accounts in his are.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I could do that. My cousin usually runs the south route and I take the northern part. We could just swap next time.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

All ya have to do is look for the big sign that say's "the friggin idiot lives here". Maybe you could sub the southern route to him. Hell, he has all that well fatigued 17 year old equipment to get the job done for ya. Bill him out @ 10per hour for one of his older trucks and 5per hour if he drives.

Reply to
Roy

The price seems right but the time involved fixing all the screw-ups seems a bit excessive. I do gotta admit it's gonna be fun watching him.

Denny

Reply to
Denny