Radio Wont turn on, Where is the FUSE located for it???

I have a 2003 Ram 1500.

The radio will not turn on. I checked the wires and I have good ground and the positive ignition switched wire turn 12v on and off. I do not have a constant 12v power wire though it's just dead. I checked the fuses under the hood next to the battery all are good and have 12v's of power. On the cover it says radio amp which seems strange that it doesn't say radio head unit. Any Ideas?

Is there any other fuse boxes to check out? I didn't see any fuse boxes to the left or right of the dash which seems weird.

Thanks

Reply to
wturkey

Nope - just fuse #21. Double-check it again - make sure you see power on both legs of the fuse when it's plugged in.

Beyond that, have you had the radio out? Is it possible you damaged a wire?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

This is not good. Yes I checked both sides of the fuse when it was plugged in and both had power. I was working on the radio antenna connection when the problem started. I have plugged and unplugged the radio several times, plus messed with the multimeter reading the voltages.

One other thing is I noticed a led on the dash was on and it's never been on before. The owners manual says its for the security system but my truck doesn't have a factory security system. Any reasons why that light maybe blinking?

Guess I'll check the wiring harness under the dash tomorow.

Thanks

Reply to
wturkey

Wonder if you have some sort of anti theft thing on the radio. GM has some sort of deal that if triggered it renders it useless until you get the code. Maybe DC has something similar

Roy

Reply to
Roy