Short in radio wiring Harness.

I hit a good sized pot hole. & now my radio fuse keeps blowing in the fuse panel.(25amp) I checked the hook up's in the rear of the radio & in the fuse panel. I can't find any wires grounded out. Has anyone had this problem before ? Or should I start from scratch & rewire the whole system again ?

Thanks in advance

1986 IROC 4BBL
Reply to
Mayhem

I'd say find a cheap replacement stereo in a 'yard, or another source and if there is no more problem, then it's the unit. If the probem is the same, then it's the wiring to the unit.

The Vampire, "Muffin Man"

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man

you have 2 radio fuses constant 12v and acc 12v which fuse?

Reply to
Im Right

Good news I found the short thanks for the help. It was on the hot wire. It was a pain to find but it was fixed.

Cheers

Reply to
Mayhem