RAM 2005 Interior Lighting

Hi Folks! I am trying to determine the best way to hook up a set of running board lights to the interior lighting wiring harness. These fandangled vechiles are getting that much more difficult to pry apart anymore....so thought I would throw the question out there before I started tearing my hair out. Anyone guidance would be greatly appreciated.

T-MAN

Reply to
aussieguy

Run a power wire up to the power module (fuse box) in the engine compartment, and tap into fuse #33. This is the circuit that powers the trailer running lights. Alternatively, you can tap into the 18-gauge brown wire running along the wire bundle down the driver's side frame rail. Test this with a voltmeter, to make sure it's hot when the parking lamps are on, and that it goes dead when fuse #33 is pulled. If so, that's your wire.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence