rough or no idle 89 dakota

engine was pressure washed a few weeks ago to clean the off that was leaking from the valve covers. Ran fine up until then. Now it will rough idle when parked and not at all when in gear. I have replaced the cap and rotor, plugs and wires. Also put stp gas treatment in tank to help with any water in gas. What else can I do? Thanks, Scott

Reply to
smitty2445

clean and blow out any electrical connectors under the hood. make sure the pressure washer didn't break any vacuum hoses or connectors. make sure nothing got unplugged during the pressure washing operation.

Reply to
Chris Thompson

Turns out the computer short circuited from water getting into it. $240 + labor to fix.

Reply to
smitty2445

Remind me never to pressure wash a computer.

Thanks for the field report. I spilled some water into my desktop computer key board the other day, and it didn't work right. Had to take it apart (not too dificult). Dry it out with paper napkin, and the next day it was working again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon