Satellite anntena on Dakota

Just made the jump to satellite radio, does any know the best way to mount antenna on a Dakota? Or should I leave to the pros?

Tyrone

Reply to
Tyrone Walker

Centered on the roof, directly above the rear view mirror, run the wire down the window seal and into the cab via the door seal, drop it down under the dash there.

Done it 1,000's of times, never a problem, never a leak..

Reply to
azwiley1

I had a dakota, and ran out two wires for satellite radio and navigation, ran them behind the dash, up along the column along the windshield, into thehead liner, and then pulled out the rear mount brake light, and ran them out there.. its a nice neat run, and all i did was place a dab of silicone where the wire met the body, to prevent drips from going behind the light...

Reply to
The Taz

Honestly that is a lot of work. Being that I used to do the car audio installation stuff for a living for many years, I learned to do it fast and clean.

To clarify on my 1st post.

Place the antenna on the roof, just above the weather seal, centered on the rear view mirror, wire running down the windshield. With your finger, (or a small flat head) pull back the seal, tuck the wire down and run it across the to and down the drivers side. At this point you will be able to run the wire around into the cab through the door, tucking it under the door seal. When you run the wire under the door seal, leave a hair of slack in it, and make sure you "fold" the wire over the metal channel before you put the seal back in place. Don't wire, this will not damage the wire or cause a problem down the road.

From there, how you run it is up to you.

Reply to
azwiley1