setting up prodigy

i just hooked mine up, set it at 7, then started pulling with it. i may have made one or two adjustments on the first pull but after that i just pretty much forgot that it is even there.

Reply to
the guy

this coming from a flat lander im not surprised. out here towing is another animal entirely.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

And you've been a mountain man for how long now, Nate? :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

long enough to know that towing out here is a lot different. :-) the interstates arent to bad, but i didnt really trust my draw tite controller to do the job even on the interstates. the highways and particularly the smaller roads give "steep" an entirely new meaning.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Yeah Nate, it ain't rocket science, just set the damned thing up so it feels good and hook up the trailer an go! Some small tweaks may be required, but by and large you just let the Prodigy do its thing!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

How do you know where or what I live on? I question your confidence, not where you drive. If you're afraid to set up a simple trailer brake, maybe you ought not try to tackle the more complicated stuff like actually towing. Incidentally, There are mountains all around me.

Clay

Reply to
Badger

from your message header:

20:45:31 EDT) NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:45:31 EDT Organization: RoadRunner - Triad

southeast road runner would put you in the south east.

it has nothing to do with confidence or a "simple setup". i am making certain that i understand the settings and boost before pulling 10,000 pounds on grades youve most likely never imagined existed on public roads. maybe you should try either being helpful, keeping quiet, or something beyond being a pompous ass.

lol.....i used to call those hills "mountains" too once upon a time. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

About six months ago, wasn't it? :)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

been here over a year now.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

when you see me offer anything beyond a helpful response to a realistic, on topic question your statement may mean something. im new to the "boost" feature and dont find anything unreasonable in my questions. there are no dumb questions, only dumb ass responses from judgemental pricks that want to elevate themselves by stepping on others.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

making

10,000

something

I think I was being helpful. I was pointing out that your questions have been answered several different ways. You may not like my methods, but there they are. I am in the southeast, and where I live has the little hills you speak of. I have however pulled 10,000# plus trailers to both sides of this country, including the Rockies. Maybe not to the Grande mountainous, treacherous terrain you speak of, but that doesn't change the difficulty of the trailer brake adjustment. All I did was make an observation to the thread, and that you SEEM to making this too difficult.

Clay

Reply to
Badger

and i didn't read his response as being anything other than a humerous comment on what you had been saying. i think most of us feel like you are "over stressing" out on this. that's cool, maybe that is just your style. i do that sometimes too. i try to think about all the possible problems and issues well ahead of time so i am ready to go when the time comes. my friends tease me about that all the time. that is all i thought that he was doing. wasn't a big deal and i read it as all in the spirit of fun.

Reply to
the guy

Well put, Mike... Basically, this is a controller that's designed to be used by every day folks that may or may not be installing it themselves...

I think that once Nate hooks up and plays with it for an hour or so on varying conditions, he'll feel comfortable about setting his wife loose with it.. YMMV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

then please accept my humble apologies. it can be difficult to tell what someone is saying when youre reading it in text.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

thats possible too. two years ago (my first move attempt) i came down the continental divide on i90 (and 15) in a uhaul truck without any braking (ok, _some_ braking) and since then ive a new appreciation for proper functioning brakes. :-) a runaway vehicle just isnt any fun.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Accepted, but not really necessary. Every needs to blow off steam. Clay

Reply to
Badger