Sirius or XM Satellite Radio

What do you have and what's the pros and cons!!

Reply to
Jay

Depends on your music tastes, look at the formats and see which offers you the best line up for what you like to listen too and go with that. Also, before you buy, decide if you want to use it ONLY in your car/truck or also at home. This will make a difference in what products you buy. I.E the XM Commander is an in car ONLY product, so if you want to use it at home, you need to go with something like the SkiFi 2.

Larry

Reply to
azwiley1

I have Sirius and I have a friend that has XM. There isn't a huge difference between them that I can tell. I like Sirius because it is integrated with my factory stereo. But if it were integrated with XM, I'd like it just as much I suspect.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

The only difference for me was one is owned by Rupert Murdoch and one isn't. That was it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

I have a Roady2 and use it in the truck AND the office. In major cities (Las Vegas, Nv in my case) XM has ground repeaters to boost the signal. With CAREFULL positioning of the antenna I get good XM in concrete and rebar office building with many computers and florcent lights I have almost no am or fm reception. I love the lineup, just wish they would carry Rush Limbagh.

P a u l s

l v d a t a a t N O S P A M l v c m d o t c o m

Reply to
datadontUse

He's on at least 4 different stations throughout the day out here on the west coast. Just listen on am if you must.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

For my tastes...Sirius has alot more Rock.

Reply to
noname

Thanks Guys, I decided to go with Sirius. Works flawless I live back in the woods, and even going down roads with almost 100% tree cover over head it finds the signal. The nearest repeater is more than 75 miles away in Indianapolis so all I get out here is just from the satellites. For now I'm using the new Kenwood Here2Everywhere. The blue screen looks cool also, and the built in FM transmitter is great it works well over 100ft.

Reply to
Jay