Steering Problem with 99Durango

Hello, I am having a very strange sound in the steering of my 99 Durango. When I turn sharply (anything past10-20 Degrees from center) there is a sound that sounds like a gear that is moaning or a spinning part that is grinding. Does anyone have suggestion as to what this might be? I am thinkin it's the power steering, but am not sure what parts might be the culprit.

Help is appreciated.

CVB

Reply to
CVB

Does this sound happen with the vehicle stationary, or only when moving?

Reply to
Tom Lawrence