Tranny question

Hi Guys! I know there are some really knowledgeable tranny guys out there, so I was hoping someone could tell me where I can find some comprehensive reading on transmissions (esp. Mopars). Books, texts, and manuals would be fine too.

tia

rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

The Factory Service manuals are the best, section 21 in all of them.

Automatic Transmission Service Group (ATSG) manuals are very good, and can be found almost anywhere trans stuff is sold, $25 per manual, one manual per trans.

Chiltons also does a set, mostly in groups of transmissions. One book has several trans from different makers.

HP Books and SA Design are another good source, lok them up on the net and you'll find they list their entire lineup of good books.

One book I've found is an excellent resource is "Auto Math Handbook", by John Lawlor, HPBooks, 1020. It has all the relevant formuli, as well as about ten pages of conversion factors for almost any unit of measure you could imagine.

Reply to
Max Dodge

John Kunkel

Thanks very much Max! I just spent about an hour checking some of this content online. I'll be going to the local transmission place Tuesday.

rach

Reply to
Rachel Easson

Thanks very much John. Thanks to your link, I found this book with chapters.ca also and now have a copy on order

Reply to
Rachel Easson