Truck Alarms

Hi, has anyone installed an UltraStart alarm in a Dodge Ram 1500 year

2000 truck? I am looking for a good alarm and came across them. Any other ideas on an alarm?

Thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

Yeah, so many people have them now, that they are sick of them and no longer pay attention to them anymore so what's the point?

I had a friend who had like and early 80s chevy pickup and had a super custom paint job on it. He had an alarm also. Taken right out of a public area at a store's parking lot. Smash window. Open door. Open hood. Cut wire to annoying blaring that nobody is paying attention to.

Reply to
GeekBoy

Never heard of that brand in the years I was selling/installing them. Scytek is a very good, very reliable, very flexible brand. They offer everything from your basic alarm, to a paging alarm to an alarm that has a camera that takes a picture of the drivers "cockpit" when the alarm is triggered.

Reply to
azwiley1

I was in Texas. Some moron had parked his TransAm on the boat landing ramp and went fishing. They towed it. All the way until it went it out of sight from the hook of the towtruck it was howling, "Warning! Stand Back! Protected by Viper!"

I don't pay attention to car alarms, and with today's kids being armed I sure ain't gonna get shot over someone else's stereo.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

As John Lennon once said, "Whatever gets you through the night, it's alright..." I had a Clifford alarm installed on my 98 Dodge, because it helps me sleep at night. You walk buy the window, and it goes, 'Woop, woop, woop' and the same thing if the truck is jiggled (as when they try to cut off your converter). And I shut if off during the day (you can't see the flashing LED lights, which I installed on top of my dashboard.). The alarm rarely goes off, as the warning does the trick. While it's true that you can't stop a professional thief that knows his business, you can run off a meth junkie that hasn't had a fix in a while.

Reply to
Phil Rhodes