Chrysler mini van service engine light

My Dad disregarded my advice, and bought a Chrysler. I can't remember the year, age, and so on. Power everything.

But the "service engine" light is on. Can commoners like me buy a reset gadget?

I can contact him adn ask for more tech specs if you want or need. Year, mileage, etc.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You can buy one or if they are available in his area, he can take it to an Autozone and they can pull the codes and rest it for him, for free.

Reply to
azwiley1

That's right, Stormin k/f'd me (IIRC) so could some one else repost an answer to him on this. :)

Reply to
azwiley1

Disconnect the battery for several minutes. It will clear it unless this is a rather old car.

If you do clear the code odds are it will just come back since the problem thats causing it hasn't been fixed. Take it to an autozone as they will read the code for you for free.

Reply to
miles

Thanks. I'll suggest both of those. Excellent ideas.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon