Where is Afterburner when we need him?

41.50.8.147:9350 open socks4 proxy was used on 29 November for a Hipcrime attack on nanae. And I got the port number by Googling so it must have been open and was probably abused before that date.

It was used late North American Monday for a Hipcrime attack on

24hoursupport.helpdesk and the same open proxy was still there Tuesday at 4934 GMT.

At one time, RCN (formerly Erols) had the famous Afterburner on its abuse desk. Now, it seems to have Dave Null.

Remember - go to RCN for your net-abuse needs. You put up a phishing page? It will still be up on Valentine Day. You can get Giganews with only IP authentication through RCN.

-- of their friends. They are overwhelmed with business, with the study of languages, and with physical exercise; and they are made to understand that they cannot be happy unless their health, their honour, their fortune and that of their friends be in good condition, and that a single thing wanting will make them unhappy. Thus they are given cares and business which make them bustle about from break of day. It is, you will exclaim, a strange way to make them happy! What more could be done to make them miserable?--Indeed! what could be done? We should only have to relieve them from all these cares; for then they would see themselves: they would reflect on what they are, whence they came, whither they go, and thus we cannot employ and divert them too much. And this is why, after having given them so much business, we advise them, if they have some time for relaxation, to employ it in amusement, in play, and to be always fully occupied.

How hollow and full of ribaldry is the heart of man!

144. I spent a long time in the study of the abstract sciences, and was disheartened by the small number of fellow-students in them. When I commenced the study of man, I saw that these abstract sciences are not suited to man and that I was wandering farther from my own state in examining them than others in not knowing them. I pardoned their little knowledge; but I thought at least to find many companions in the study of man and that it was the true study which is suited to him. I have
Reply to
Tester