For Those Using Charger/Maintainers???

Hooked up the charger/maintainer that I got from J.C. Whitney today, a Vector VEC080 "Smart Battery Charger". And since a poster in this grp.
alerted me that the cigarette lighter connector would not work, cause of the ignition key needing to be in and on accessory, I used the "Battery Terminal Ring" cable, that has a connector that meets the connector attached to this conveniently long enough cable, coming from the unit.
Now my question. When not in use, during actual driving, is it OK to unplug the unit from A.C. (Of course) and just store the unit in the trunk. OR should the unit be disconnected from the cable (Unplugged), going to the cable attached to the battery. I have a friend who seems to think that if you leave it to the cable attached to the battery, that the units circuitry will draw from the battery/electrical system?? The manual does not say either way. So I think that it is designed to stay connected to the cable attached to the battery, and just store the little unit AC cord and all right there in the trunk.
TIA for any info, PLEASE.
Add pictures here
✖
Easy enough to stick an ammeter in-line and see if it draws any current while unplugged. Could be either way, IMO.
miker
Add pictures here
✖

I guess that not too many of us Miata users are using those, HUH???
I think that I am going to like mine. Started up, like the car is used daily :-).
I used the car today, but just unplugged the unit from the A.C. and laid the entire thing into the trunk connected up to the battery. I can not imagine that it would draw anymore than any other accessory, a phone charging, a High Powered audio system, a burglar alarm system, etc. When I got back home making five stops and restarts, I hooked it back up, and the unit was in the green (Battery fully charged).
Add pictures here
✖
Jazz_Azz wrote:

The output is of course DC so there would be nothing preventing some sort of device being present acting as a diode in the output circuit. Could try putting a sensitive ammeter in series when the AC is disconnected to see whether there is any current drain. (Hope this makes sense in US English)
Both our old 2002 MX5 and our Mazda 3 Sport struggle if not used for long runs in the winter so we do have a battery conditioner. It is not used often so I disconnect it after use.
No battery problems so far with our 2007 MX5 coupé.
There is a lot of vehicle theft in the UK and the alarms fitted drain the battery. The remote central locking controls have facilities to disable parts of the alarm system and I guess this is to lessen battery drain.
Add pictures here
✖

Since my Wife and I have three vehicles, her a Chevy Monte Carlo (97, with only about 43K miles), my 97 Chevy S10 Pick Up, with only 48,500 miles, it is difficult trying to run the Miata the once per week that the dealer Service dept. told me that that battery requires. So I will keep the charger maintainer attached all winter. Summers here are so HOT/Warm that it never appears to have a problem then. But with the very short cable the charger provides with that quick connect/ disconnect connector, and the pain to move anything, beach chairs, the trunk cover, battery area fiber board (Fibre ?? for you brits>>>LOL) etc., I plan to just leave it attached, just unplugging it from the A.C. I do not have an ammeter, just a very basic Radio Shack Volt Meter. And even if there were a diode, which there very well could be (No Schematic was provided in the manual) in the output side drawing something, while driving, I can not imagine that it would be a whole lot compared to the draw of any other accessories PPL tend to use. I'm fairly certain that the alternator will have no problem keeping up :-). Only my good retired Telco Buddy, (we are both A.T,&T. retirees) brought that concern up. But he nit picks about anything>>LOL.
As they say down under>>>"No Worries, Mate.">>LOL LOL :-).
Add pictures here
✖
<<I do not have an ammeter, just a very basic Radio Shack Volt Meter.>>
Then you have an ammeter. Use it on the current (amps) setting, start with the highest setting and work your way down looking for a reading. For amps you hook it in series, not in parallel like for voltage readings.
<< And even if there were a diode, which there very well could be (No Schematic was provided in the manual) in the output side drawing something, while driving, I can not imagine that it would be a whole lot compared to the draw of any other accessories PPL tend to use. I'm fairly certain that the alternator will have no problem keeping up :-). >>
No, no problem keeping up. The issue would be if you leave the car sit for days (airport, etc) without being plugged in.
miker
Add pictures here
✖

If I were going to let the car sit for days, say at the airport, I would for sure disconnect it from the quick connector :-). As a mater of fact since I'd have no A.C. there, I'd leave the charger/maintainer home :-).
Now that I have it connected up in the garage, I notice, with the help of my stereo, cause when it kicks in, it slightly interferes with my FM reception, since I have my FM antenna sitting on top of the roof trusses of the garage, that it kicks in, On Charge, for about maybe 5 seconds, every so many minutes. Haven't timed the OFF (Fully Charged time), but guessing it is maybe 4 to 5 minutes of off time, 5 secs of charge time. Does that sound about right?? I had exchanged that battery once before under its' 3 yrs free exchange warranty. It's a "Duralast" sold at Auto Zone. And I'd hate to bug them again>>LOL.
I Went out there with my voltmeter, and with the charger/maintainer off, NO LOAD, the battery sits stable at around 13.5 volts. Put a load on it by turning the lights/high beams on for a short while, and watched the battery quickly drop to its' 12 VDC. Turned the lights off and let the charger take it back up, and appeared to be holding at that 13.4>13.5, then came back in the house.
So basically wondering if that sounds about right, the maintainer cutting in for about 5 secs every few minutes to keep it topped off???
Add pictures here
✖

There's probably lots of ways to approach it, but that sounds as good as any.
miker
Add pictures here
✖
more to her: but perceived her to lie awake, and to continue in the same frame, for a considerable time. The next morning she asked her, whether she did not cry the last night. The child answered, Yes, I did cry a little, for I was thinking about God and Christ, and they loved me. Her mother asked her, whether to think of God and Christ loving her made her cry? She answered, Yes, it does sometimes.
She has often manifested a great concern for the good of others' souls: and has been wont many times affectionately to counsel the other children. Once, about the latter end of September, the last year, when she and some others of the children were in a room by themselves, husking Indian corn, the child, after a while, came out and sat by the fire. Her mother took notice that she appeared with a more than ordinary serious and pensive countenance; but at last she broke silence, and said, I have been talking to Nabby and Eunice. Her mother asked her what she had said to them. Why, said she, I told them they must pray, and prepare to die; that they had but a little while to live in this world, and they must be always ready. When Nabby came out, her mother asked her, whether she had said that to them. Yes, said she, She said that, and a great deal more. At other times, the child took opportunities to talk to the other children ab
Add pictures here
✖
and he alone will know nothing of it. I am not astonished. To tell the truth is useful to those to whom it is spoken, but disadvantageous to those who tell it, because it makes them disliked. Now those who live with princes love their own interests more than that of the prince whom they serve; and so they take care not to confer on him a benefit so as to injure themselves.
This evil is no doubt greater and more common among the higher classes; but the lower are not exempt from it, since there is always some advantage in making men love us. Human life is thus only a perpetual illusion; men deceive and flatter each other. No one speaks of us in our presence as he does of us in our absence. Human society is founded on mutual deceit; few friendships would endure if each knew what his friend said of him in his absence, although he then spoke in sincerity and without passion.
Man is, then, only disguise, falsehood, and hypocrisy, both in himself and in regard to others. He does not wish any one to tell him the truth; he avoids telling it to others, and all these dispositions, so removed from justice and reason, have a natural root in his heart.
101. I set it down as a fact that if all men knew what each said of the other, there would not be four friends in the world. This is apparent from the quarrels which arise from the indiscreet tales told from time to time. I say, further, all men would be...
102. Some vices only lay hold of us by means of others, and these, like branches, fall on removal of the trunk.
103. The example of Alexander's chastity has not made so many continent as that of his drunkenness has made intemperate. It is
Add pictures here
✖
sinned."
168Luke 12:32. "Fear not little flock."
169Phil. 2:12. "With fear and trembling."
170Mark 9:37. "Whosoever receiveth me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me."
171Mark 13:32. "No one knows, neither the Son, but the Father."
172"Clouds shadowed over the light."
173Mark 1:5. "All the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him."
174Mark 4:12. "Lest they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them."
[175]Matt. 26:50. "Friend, wherefore art thou come?"
[176]Ps. 2:1, 2. "Why do the heathen rage... and the rulers of the earth... against the Lord."
177Is. 8:14. "For a sanctuary and for a rock of offence."
178John 3:2. "We know that thou art a teacher come from God; for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him."
[179]John. 15:24 "If I had not done... they had not had sin."
[180]Matt. 12:25; Luke 11:17. "Every kingdom divided against itself."
181Luke 11:20. "If with the finger of God... the kingdom of God is come upon you."
[182]St. Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica.
183"But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: that the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled... He hath blinded their eyes."
184John 12:41. "These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him."
1851 Cor. 1:22, 23. "For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: but we preach Christ crucified."
[186]"But full of signs, full of wisdom; you the Jesuits, what you wish is a Christ not crucified, a religion without miracles and without wisdom."
18710:26 "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep."
188"Not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye... were filled."
18916. "This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the Sabbath day. Others said: How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles?"
[190]John 9:17, 33. "What sayest thou of him? He sa
Add pictures here
✖
To the A__HOLE who is spoofing NICS/Addies, get a F_CKING Life. Your act is LAME, like your BRAIN, DIPSH_T.
Sorry folks if he is getting my goat, but this grp. is here for one purpose, to discuss our Miatas. Not his/her lame pranks>>>A__HOLE.
Add pictures here
✖
Jazz_Azz wrote:

You do, of course, realize that by responding you're: 1. Giving him what he wants, attention 2. Spamming other NGs. If you're going to respond at least only respond to your own NG. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
Big Habeeb>>>This is the NG where he spoofed me and others in. So I brought it up in the correct NG>LOL. I haven't seen the A__HOLE in any others I go to, YET :-).
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (S K) wrote:

You apparently did not remove the other groups before replying, though. If WebTV won't let you do that, I recommend using something else for Usenet. By crossposting, you risk convincing some other people that you're a spammer, too. I know you don't want that, because you're not.
--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO

This above post was not made by me, but rather some MORON. And so can not be removed by me. No idea how it was done. So won't apologize since it wasn't me :-).
Add pictures here
✖
I demand that Jazz_Azz may or may not have written...

[snip]
Somebody spamming Usenet and out to make it, shall we say, less useable.

Like many others who've seen similar forgeries, you were, unfortunately, moron enough to unthinkingly repost it, thus effectively undoing the cancelling of many, if not all, of the forgeries. (I hadn't seen the forgery to which you responded.)
I find that a quick bit of filtering on NNTP-Posting-Host headers' content of already-received articles tends to work well (but then I see that you're using Google Groups, so presumably you can't do that).
--
| Darren Salt | linux or ds at | posting from | Toon
| RISC OS, Linux | youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk | c.o.l.m. | Army
✖
On Jan 15, 7:35 am, Darren Salt

"I demand that,">>>HUH??? No comprendo Hombre>>LOL.
Actually you are right, I wasn't thinking. I should/could have deleted out the quoted text, Sorry. And yes, I use Google grps., preferring the way it formats, and is easily read. I do use OE as a backup when Google has a problem, for another Usenet grp. that I visit daily. But only as a backup, since I do not like the way NGs or email looks on OE. I'm an EX WEBTVer (Actually still have it). And got spoiled using my TV, and sitting way back on my comfortable recliner/couch. So I am also using a wireless Logitech KB/Mouse with this 20" LCD monitor, sitting back about 7' away. And with OE, you just can't make the text large enough to be able to read it from this distance. Before retiring from the local Telco, I spent too many years using some form of a computer, sitting at a computer desk. Don't want to do that again>LOL.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 15, 8:35 am, Darren Salt

news.aloe.org is the news reader that I use on OE, and I just went through the NGs avail. there, and this one was not listed.
Add pictures here
✖

Site Timeline