whoops?....89 dodge van

On my 1989 v6 dodge van..... while changing the valve cover gaskets ....in a fit of intellectual lack and accidental prowess I dropped or more accurately ejected a tiny 3-4 inch red plastic straw(from a aerosol) down some "tube" in the cylinder head.....passenger side far left front. If I had tried deliberately there is not a chance in hell that I could have got that thing in there.....The "hole" is out of sight and now after a futile effort to retrieve it so is the straw. Any guess as to what this "tube" is(might be more or less a 1/4" diameter)? After unsuccessful efforts to grab it, vacuum it up etc. I tried briefly to turn the motor over and nothing blew out. Is it possibly just a drain hole back to the oil pan? If I absolutely can't get it out without removing the head is it likely to do harm? Thanks Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo