Air Conditioner

Got a Punto Eleganza. Just before the 3rd year warranty expired, my ac wasn?t working. I was told by a garage that the suction pipe was completely severed. Fiat will not cover pipes in the 3rd year of warranty so I may have to replace it myself. Problem is the garage told me that once the suction pipe is broken, the ?Receiver/Drier unit will also be no good, (something about turning into a block of ice) and they are expensive. Is this right or are they conning me. Also, although Fiat won?t cover the suction pipe replacement, if it leads to consequential damage, ie ac ruined, should they replace that under warranty ? Many thanks.

Reply to
jj107