Buying a Multipla

I've test drived a 1.9JTD and found it to be jerky.

Are all the JTDs like this?

Would the 1.6 petrol be smoother and nicer to drive?

What are the respective mpg from each?

Any advice ?

Reply to
John & Karen

but I would not describe it as jerky. Or is it a clutch characteristic? More info. please. The low-end torque of the diesel can make the car jerk in high gears if you are not used to it. Have you driven a diesel before?

You will only know whether the petrol model is better for you by trying it, but the general feeling is that the JTD is a much better option than the 1.6 petrol. Our 1.9JTD records 40/42 mpg on short runs.

It's a great car, by the way!

Reply to
Mr. Slow

The power deilivery was jerky after trying 2 JTDs. Perhaps it's because I'm used to petrol engines.

Reply to
John & Karen

definitely not jerky unless in too high a gear. Beautiful in first when in a very slow traffic jam. 80,000 km and very satisfied with my MultiplaDiesel.

-- from Arieh Laib Gaidemak E-Mail: snipped-for-privacy@cheerful.com

Reply to
ARIEH GAIDEMAK

You'll get used to the way you have to drive them - the accelerator on my

1.9 jtd was very different from the carisma I had before it, but I never regretted the change!

Adam H

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam