Driving Seicento with CAT and exhaust missing?

Hello peeps,

I need to move a Seicento, only it has no exhaust connected (from the cat back). Will it be driveable like this, and will this cause any damage to the car (engine running/flames from exhaust?)

Any advice appreciated!

Pete

Reply to
Pete Taylor

"Mark W" wrote in news:3ef97060 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

Yeah, it's in the downpipe. I was just worried about heating up the floorpan as I would basically have a straight-through pipe exiting just behind the engine bay in the middle of the car!

If I go ahead and drive it, I shall try not to! :D

Reply to
Pete Taylor

Be wary of exaust fumes coming in through openings in the floor such as through the gear leaver and handbrake. I you smell any fumes or feel at all unwell open all your windows!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

And wander away for the car for a little while, fumes would inevitibily leak round the bottom of the car and up the side near to the windows..

Depends on how far you need to move it!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Catchpole