My Dam tired YJ

O.K. maybe gas related to the previous post,

90YJ with TBI, 5speed , went to start my 2.5L mouse-motor. turned over,and over,and over, wouldent start, like no spark, finaly started, drove to store and back, tried again later. two hours later, tried the key. click, nuthing, shut off key, tried again, started up, this seems consistant, and sometimes after two or three clicks, sometimes starts after the normal(to me) two revalutions, sometimes goes for three to five. , all new (four monthes old) plugs,rotor,dist-cap,wires, tried to get my code to read from the dash, it wont flash, on,off,on,off,on, zip, nuthin, , all wires to starter and alternator have been cleaned, starter was tested and is good, connectons to starter are clean and tight, . a month ago i put the bulb back in the emmision maint socket, and the light was on, i unplugged the timer, , ive relpaced the timer, and the light is still off, , fresh oil, oil filter, , i hate to buy it but will a schucks code reader be worth buying??

can this be my crank sensor?? , any help apriciated.

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Ok, the starter has been tested ... but ... when it clicks, leave the key turned for a few seconds and see if it turns over slowly. What you describe sounds exactly like my recently failed rebuilt starter which I just replaced ... with another rebuilt.

Reply to
bowgus

did that, nuthing, just dead, turning the key off, and then trying again, it will start, , johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

i also see a constant steam of fuel comming from my TBI, is this normal?? or should it squirt, on and off, this is at an idle, i see no diffrence when i increase throttle.

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Ok ... well in my case, with my '96 4.0 litre, after all the connections were checked, the click no start then start turned out to be a failed starter.

Reply to
bowgus

Reply to
bowgus

My dad has a '94 Astro which has a TBI V6 engine. Looking at that (a few months ago), the injectors do pulse on and off, but very rapidly. You need suitable lighting to see the flicker in the stream.

HTH,

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

That is a bad connection where the negative cable from the battery bolts to the block. I can say that 100% for sure on your Jeep. LOL!

Mike

Dirty Ditch Dawg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Tookie - Denham Springs, LA

88YJ, 4" lift, 33" TSLs, Lock-Rights PosiLock, 4.10s
Reply to
Tookie