Fiat Punto Spark plugs and leads

My wifes N reg Fiat punto 55 wont start. I think when i changed the spark plug and leads i put them on in the wrong order does anybody know the correct order???

Reply to
mcrozer

Omega

Thanks for the rapid response. How do i know which is 1?

Omega wrote:

Reply to
mcrozer

the convention was usually that the lead nearest to cylinder one on the distributor was number one then you work clockwise around [as looking down upon] the distributor connecting to each cylinder in turn 1342 ... if there is no obvious number one then choose a lead hypothetically calling it one but then the sequence will be just the same as you connect from the distributor 1342 ... if that doesn't work then choose the next lead as 'number one' and if necessary the next and the next .... when you hit the right combination it might be a good idea to mark them up so you don't have this problem again

incidentally, cylinder one is that which is on the end of the engine where the crank pokes out to connect your drive belts etc. ... then the cylinders are 1234 across the engine

omega

Reply to
Omega