multipla engine start problems

Hello everybody,

is there anybody out there who shares the same or similar engine starting problems ? Since a few monhs it takes minutes that my engine starts running or it starts immediatly. There is no specific rule to find. Sometime it starts at -10 degrees, sometimes not. Same at high temperature, sometimes not. Sometimes the engine is hot, sometimes not. The engine control was checked and showed no problem.

Fiat itself couldn't find a mistake !

It's a Multipla 1.9 JTD built in 1999.

Krgds...Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Scharpenberg

sounds like an air leak in the fuel system

Reply to
Mindwipe

Have met the same air leak in the fuel system problem, it was a flexible (to take up engine movement) hose link buried behind the engine. Fuel pump was sucking air, but with luck sometimes it got a bit of fuel, started, then the pump turned fast enough to keep the fuel flowing.

Reply to
ato_zee

Which repair steps were done ?

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@nildram.net...

Reply to
Dirk Scharpenberg

Hi, thanks for the hint. I found the same. It dropped some diesel. This morning the engine wont start again. Some people pushed the car five meters then the engine started immediatly. Tommorow i'll visit my fiat garage and by a new one.

But i can't understand, why the garage didn't find that. You can see the dropping diesel on first view. The car was there for at least two days to find the mistake. They thought, it's a electric problem and wanted to sell me a new control box !

Rgds...Dirk

schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@nildram.net...

Reply to
Dirk Scharpenberg

Hello, this wasn't the mistake. Any further hints ?

rgds Dirk

"Dirk Scharpenberg" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cfojv2$haj$ snipped-for-privacy@online.de...

Reply to
Dirk Scharpenberg