Newbie questions

I've always been into british cars and owned an MGB, I was looking to get back into a roadster and was considering a Triumph Spitfire but am now leaning towards going Italian in a Fiat Spider.

How hard is it to find one with working ac? I know some had it but am having trouble finding out how rare it is. I live in the desert and AC is all but a necessity.

How easy would a spider be to service?

What years would you suggest?

How expensive and hard to get are parts?

What should I look for when looking at one?

What is a fair price for one in good running condition?

How reliable are they? Could you use one as daily transportation if you look after it?

One of the reasons I like the Spider is that you can put a carseat for a child in the back and after doing some research found that there is quite a bit to like about them, but I would like to learn more before making an expensive mistake. Thanks for any and all info.

Reply to
DAY TRIPPER

No one here knows anything about Fiats?

Reply to
DAY TRIPPER

"DAY TRIPPER" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3132.bay.webtv.net...

aren't you talkin' about barchetta, are you?

-- Stuka (25yrs, 96kW, MI - Italy) /F/I/A/T/ barchetta Momo+OMP bCI member: #359

Stuka