Re: leaking steering fluid on Fiat Tipo 1.4ie

Hallo Fiat-heads . I'm going crazy over a problem I keep having with

> Fiat Tipo power steering pipe leaking fluid which then drips onto hot > exhaust and smokes like hell. The pipe is the one leading from the power > steering pump down to the main pipe union on the steering rack. This pipe > is part metal and part flexible (some kind of black woven nylon I think) > and part of it is surrounded by a flexible foil wrapper (which seems to > disintegrate pretty easily about halfway down). This is about the fourth > time it happened. I have "fixed" it before by replacing the pipe with one > from the scrapyard (I know I'm cheapskate but it cost £10 instead of > £100). I just don't understand why the problem keeps recurring. Does > anyone know of this problem? Is it a common one? Any ideas? If someone > doesn't suggest something good I'm gonna cry. > Thanks for reading this! > >
Reply to
momojo

ok, ok - I'm new on this group, and when you're 187 years old like me netiquette takes some getting used to; I have re-posted the message without stupid attachments so we'll see if that gets me any progress; the smoking has been intermittent but it seems to be getting worse lately and if someone doesn't give me a decent tip I'm gonna give up and do the unthinkable - take it to a Fiat garage and pay loadsamoney. Can you live with that? Go on, you know you want to impart Fiat-wisdom...

Reply to
Cosmic