seicento keeps cutting out

no matter what time of the day or how long ive been driving it my seicento just cuts out at lights or when i have to stop at junctions...please could anyone help as this happens about 10 times on the way to work and im not sure what to do...i know its not the throttle body as ive cleaned it all out with carb spray and things were just the same..thanks all who help

*vectraj*
Reply to
vectraj

Age of car, has it always done it, did the fault appear suddenly or intermittently at first. Any sign of missing during regular driving.

Maybe tick over is set too low, or idle mixture. An emission test might show something. Also, if it appeared suddenly, maybe cambelt has slipped a tooth.

Reply to
ato_zee

hi mate, in 2001 my wife bought a seicento, after about 2 weeks it kept doing exactly the same thing. after 12 months of returning to dealer, fiat sent us a product recall letter, turned out to be a faulty batch of fuel pumps. hope this helps

Reply to
nidgehj