FORD KA keeps cutting out

Hi,

I have a 1998 ford ka 1.3 injection but it keeps cutting out when breaking and changing down gear or when at a stop. Sometimes it chugs before it cuts out bt other times its hardly noticable. I had the idle valve changed twice but the problem persisted so the mechanic cleaned out some pipes/ plugs or something and it was ok for about a month. Now the problem has come back again. Does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do? Thanx x

Reply to
hmjbailey

"hmjbailey" wrote: (1998 ford ka 1.3 injected)

It keeps cutting out when braking, downshifting and stopping. Sometimes it chugs before it cuts out but other times it's hardly noticable. I had the idle valve changed twice but the problem persisted so the mechanic cleaned out some pipes/ plugs or something and it was ok for about a month.

Now the problem has come back again. Does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do? _____________________________________________________

The mechanic who cleaned out the pipes/plugs or something knows what is wrong because he fixed it, even if temporarily.

You can ask the mechanic what he did, and then:

1.) Have him do it again. 2.) Do it yourself. 3.) Post here again with his response.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan