Vegie oil

I'm looking into the viability of running my Marea 2.4 TD (124) on vegetable oil.

Has anyone done this?

Reply to
Dave D

It has been on the tele a few times, apparently some supermarkets were cleaned out of cooking oil. Reported that it produces a characteristic aroma. Personally I'd initially try say a 25% blend and adjust upwards from there. Let us know how you get on, from Pentonville if necessary.

Reply to
Ato_zee

It''ll run OK on a 50:50 mix of oil and diesel. Just make sure that no water enters the system. Supermarket oil is good as it is water free. Look for a small amount of dark liquid in the bottom of the bottle. If you have a cat fitted, you probably won't be able to smell anything. You can go to the next stage of running on pure oil but it requires a certain level of knowledge and mechanical fiddling. Have a look at

and

yeha