1995 chevy camaro

i just installed a new motor and my car makes a loud noise and when i stop at a light it will cut off. what could this be?

Reply to
sjlane

A piss in the wind diagnosis:

Exhaust leak, and the O2 sensor is getting a lean signal.

A 95 being OBD2, the secondary O2 sensors aren't getting a variable reading from the cat if there is an exhaust leak too.

I hope this helps.

RK

Reply to
Refinish King

'95's are still OBD1 with OBD2 plug .They don't have the 2nd set of 02 sensors, (Mine doesn't anyway).

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

Midyear:

Some have the OBD2 engine management and some don't>

I'd figure ford for a shithouse contraption like that, not GM.

I guess they all suck now.

RK

Reply to
Refinish King

thanks for the information. so if i get the sensors it should stop cutting off. can i take it to the shop and put it on the machine and let them check to see what is all wrong wit it.

Reply to
sjlane