89 Camaro won't start/ No spark

I drove my car for about 3 days then it sat for about 2 days. I went out to start it and it wouldn't start. I thought I flooded it so I let it sit for a few. It still wouldn't start. I checked to see if I was getting any spark and there is no spark. I felt of my fuel pump and when I turn the key, I can feel the pump kick on but there isn't any fuel making it to the carb. I sprayed starter fluid and it still won't start. I have replaced the ignition module, dist. cap, rotor button, coil, coil wire and still there is no spark anywhere. I have no clue where to go from here or what to checked, change, etc. Can someone please help me with this problem.

Reply to
deewitt29

Most likely the coil on the top of the distributer shaft inside the cap. At least that was the problem when my 89 did the same thing.

Reply to
Cy Welch

Thanks for the tip. How would I check that to see if that is the problem? I was talking to someone last night about it and they also told me to check the ECM (computer). Would you know where that is located at. I just really don't know much about camaros at all. Any help at all will be helpful at this point.

Reply to
deewitt29

Could possibly be ECM....but check the coil pick up first. Remove dist cap...and then remove ignition module....un plug coil pickup from ignition module. Using an ome meter put one prong in one side of the connector and the other prong in the other side..restistance should be between 500 and 1500 omes. If its not ...replace the coil pick up. Also check for continuity between pickup and dist base. One prong in the connector and the other touching the dist. base. If you get continuity...its shorting to the base...replace pick up coil....remember to test both sides of the connector and wiggle wires just in case. To replace pick up coil you have to remove the dist. not hard...just a pain in the rear...its like a 10 dollar part

Reply to
cvy28v6

oh...and the ECM is under the dash on the pass. side there are 2 srews holding it up in there

Reply to
cvy28v6