CHEVY 350 ENGINE INTO"81"BIRD

Yes I'm gonna put a Chevy 350 into an "81" Pontiac Firebird/esprit with a 350 turbo tranny. I need all the info I can get on electrical wiring, a computer to fire this, motor and transmission mounts/ cross bar or what ever I might need! I have a stock GM265 V-8 with a 2-barrel carb, a GM 200 auto/Transmission and a corporate GM 10bolt. I know about heavier Ft. spring's and a different reverse top side hose on a new heavy duty radiator. Thanks, please reply; Andrew

Reply to
hedinandrew

James Drinkwater

The 265 is a Small Block Chevy. so remove old engine, bolt in new 350, drive away. Pretty much the same with the TH350 as long as you use a lock up torque converter.

If you want better handling get 81 Z-28 springs & sway bars. They are not required. the 265 is with in 50 pounds of a 350. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig