Investment

Something's

LOL B Dragon, Sounds like you'll make a good f-body owner. Welcome to our world! Bill

Reply to
Bill Hall

Thanks, Bill. I'll try to stay in a warped enough state to deserve the welcome. I wanted to mention to you and Pancho that I just bought a set of used, original Rally II wheels with rings and caps. Hopefully didn't spend too much. They've been sanded and repainted. No dings on the rings; a little fading on the center caps. There was another set that had been chromed. I don't know why, but the chroming looked like a bit much. Angry cars don't need no stinking chrome. Now if I save up for another few months, maybe I can get that crunch in the rearend straightened out. f-body, huh. Gotta keep up with these bodies and generations.

Reply to
B Dragon

Or behind my front.

Yes it can. I can't wait to start restoring my '74.

don't worry, I'm still storing your

I guess you'll have to lien on me, too. All my free cash is going into what will I'm sure will turn out to be several trips to RI in the New Year and maybe even a move. So much for swearing off Internet relationships.

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man

Does that go for '74s as well? I'm pretty sure I've already checked and double checked, but I'll be visiting her again on Thursday... I'll be getting the PHS package very soon, in any case.

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man

You don't think I'd let you paint it? Do you really think I'm that inconsiderate?

I do usually seem to get what I want, eventually.

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man

No the VIN style changed in 72:

2S87T2NXXXXXX

2S87 - Pontiac Firebird, second digit indicates model:

S - Base T - Esprit U - Formula V - Trans Am

In the later years W replaced V for Trans Am

5th digit indicates engine code, various codes used over the years. 6th digit indicates the year.

A 74 455 T/A would look something like:

2V87Y4NXXXXXX

A 76 455 T/A would be:

2W87W6NXXXXXX

Dave

Reply to
poncho462

Thanks. I'm positive it's a V, that's why I had to ask... I know I checked the #s at some point, but the years have gone by.

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man