MISSING TURBO TA

I just bought a 89 turbo ta with 17000 miles. It has been sitting for 4 years. When I floor it, the car misses and backfires from under the hood. I have changed plugs, wires but that didnt help. I took it to the shop, they replaced the computer and said it was fixed. It is just as bad as ever. I did notice they put gas in the car, now it pings. I wonder as Im writting this if I need more octene did thes cars ever have any problems like this.

Reply to
rod

I remember them having problems with the jets in the carb. or maybe the venturies, I don't quite remember which one. A buddy of mine had and 80' or 81' Turbo Formula constant issues with the carburetor.

...Ron

--

68'RS Camaro 88'Formula 00'GT Mustang
Reply to

And if it sat for 4 years, every damn gasket in the carbs dried up and shrunk up...

Reply to
aka-SBM

The other replies are for older cars obviously as the 89 is EFI.

Did you have the ignition module and the coils tested?

Reply to
Anthony T.