Power antenna won't come down

I have a 1998 Trans Am, the power antenna is stuck up. The electric motor is working because I can hear it cycle. Has someone ran into this, if so what was the fix. Thanks a million.

-Gabe

Reply to
Gabriel Borbon

I have ran in to that with other cars, all of them older then 1995. Im not sure how a 1998 T/A power antennna is buit. On some older units it would mean the gears, or plastic strap is broken. On other the mast is broken.

In the past I have repaired a few power anteena's before where good factory units are rare. For a 1998 T/A I would look in to buyinga used antenna assembly. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig