Antenna

The electric antenna for my 98 S70 is stuck in the up position. I don't hear any noise coming from the antenna motor when turning the radio off/on in attempt to lower the antenna. I've checked the fuse and it is ok. Any options short of changing the motor?

Thanks,

Peete

Reply to
Peete

Can you access the wiring with a trouble light to see if 12V is present at the time the antennae should be being raised or lowered?

If there is current, suspect the motor; if not, it's an electrical issue.

Reply to
zencraps

Hi,

As an addendum to Zen's post, there is a fusible link inline on about all of the motorized circuits, including antenna, windshield wipers etc. You may want to locate and chech that if you do not get voltage at the antenna motor. Good luck,

-z-

Reply to
Zeke

Ok, I'll do some research on the "fusible link inline" and see what / where this would be (I'm no electrician...). Any other suggestions are most welcome :-)

Reply to
Peete