Price Advice

Hey guys, I am selling my car and I want your advice on the price. Its an "01" leather , t- tops, air,cd in mint condition with 4,000 miles. I has been stored in the winter. I was thinking 18,500. What do you think? btw, where have all the regulars gone? I see a few of you are still here.

Thanks, Z

Reply to
Z GIRL

Hey Z Girl. It's been a while. I'm about the only person left from the Rock5 that does any posting. But, this asshole "Refinsh King" has no respect for the Rock5 since he's a noob and hasn't heard of 'em or what we do in the background to keep this forum going. I'm actually a little disappointed that NONE of the regs haven't told this prick to stuff it or come to my defense. It really doesn't matter since I've got the little tosser plonked.

Anyhoo. Still workin' on that tan?

Only 4k miles? That's awesome and might work in your favor. If it's been sitting for a long time I'd be a little worried about the seals and the tires. But I think you could safely get 18K-18.5K for it. Most estimators will put a Private Party sale around 16K-16.5K and a dealer sale around 18K-18.5K but that doesn't take into account the fact that it's almost a collector's car at this point. Unless GM revives the Camaro line (a real Camaro, not the Chevy SS) then I can see you getting close to your asking price. (Depreciation is a bitch, eh?) The 4K miles is key. There's a lot of wear and tear on a car between 4K and

30K. Generally, a car with mileage that low and w/o any modification should tell the buyer that you didn't abuse it.

GLK9MM

Btw, you could pay to have the car certified, and then you'd pretty much guarantee the 18.5K price tag. (Or higher even...19K.)

Reply to
GLK9MM

Interesting...... I assume I do that through a dealer? Do you have any Idea of the cost? The car is better then showroom clean, in mint condition. I would like to get 19 K if I could. Yeah I see thinks have changed here in the NG. CBHVAC was never one to back off from anyone, what happened to him? Thanks for the info. I hate to sell my car but I work 1 1/2 miles from home, its just not worth keeping it anymore. I never have time to enjoy it.

Z GIRL

As someone who has been here on and off since the erly 90's.. discribe this "rock5 for me. And here I thought I was special cause I was at M.E.N.D. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

M.E.N.D - Men Embassarsed with No Dick. Yes, that makes you special, if thats what you want to call it. Now take your shit elsewhere, other then my post.

Z GIRL

Z GIRL spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Sorry to hear that you need to sell it. Prices vary so much from area to area, so I can't even begin to estimate what yours would be worth. What I have done in the past is look in the local paper for ones similar to mine (options/condition/etc.) to get a general idea, though...

I talked to Steve last week. Seems his ISP dropped this group and he's quite irate about it. :)

Also, someone else you know is interested in e-mailing you. :)

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

GLK9MM spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Sorry about that. I've been busy and haven't been around here much recently...or I would have seen the messages and backed you up.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

Hey you, how are you doing? It has been awhile!!!! I don't need to sell my car, I just don't think it's worth keeping it. As I said , I work 1 1/2 miles from home and that's not a long enough drive to blow condensation out of the exhaust. Then paying to insure it. Its not that I cant afford it but it just doesn't make sense to me anymore. I think I can get 18.5 K easily. They are going for about 16 K with 50 K and over miles in my area. Hum, there is only one person I can think of that your are talking about. There are only a few from this NG who I have not talk to through e-mails and I would love to hear from him. If it is who I think it is we used to talk through ICQ but I know he doesn't have my current ICQ info. My address is Z28 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. ( remove x's )

Z GIRL

Bah, my own fault for not staying in lurk mode.

Z Girl, here's the skinny on the GM Certified Program:

Certified used Chevrolet vehicles are covered under the GM Certified program. GM Certified used vehicles must be less than five years old, and have less than 60,000 miles. GM Certified used vehicles include:

  • 108-point inspection, and restored to factory standards through reconditioning process * Three-day or 150-mile return/exchange program

If a GM vehicle is still in the three-year/36,000-mile warranty period, the warranty is extended to 39 months or 39,000 miles; if it's out of its warranty, the warranty period is three months or 3,000 miles bumper to bumper and no deductible.

And, here's a couple on certifying your car. (Most certified vehicles will come with a 3mo/3K mi. warranty.)

But you can go to any GM dealer and talk to them about having your vehicle GM certified. Compare costs or if they'll even do it without forcing you to sell the car to them. (You know dealerships, always out to make a buck and screw you. Used car sales have the highest profit margin.)

GLK9MM

Why don't you take your attitude, and shove it up your ass. M.E.N.D. was a metting of A.A.C.F. Regulars in 1997.

I sure don't remember seeing you there. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

modification

I am so disappointed that I wasn't there...damn! With you an educated intelligent Mensa member ....little baby had a "metting" tooooo funny, sooooooo sad. Oh, and thank you but my attitude is already part of my ass!

Z GIRL

Thanks for the info! I think I will try and sell it without the certification first. I am wondering if they can re-certify a car they arent selling and I definately wont sell to a dealer. I have an 04 Explorer and only owe 1,800. on the Z. I am looking forward to the cash!

Z GIRL

Charles merely asked what Rock5 is. Attacking him was unnecessary and irrational.

Reply to
Brad

Yea so there were no mensa members there.

There were cars from all over the country and Canada there. Enough to rent track time at a Drag Strip and show who really had the faster car.

The reason your attitude is part of your ass, is you have a rectial-crainial inversion. I can draw you a diagram showing how to correct this problem. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

wow thats some harsh words. i guess im going to learn a bit about the inner workings around here All aboard the Yankee express, next stop October.....

Reply to
Hitman0187

Yeah, I was going to suggest that the cost to certify the vehicle would be about the same as the difference in cost between a certified vehicle and the price you are looking for. (pretty much cancelling out any profit.) "Certified Used" is just another tool thought up by some Used Car Dealer to make some extra bucks on a low mileage car. (It doesn't cost the dealer jack to "certify" the car.

GLK9MM

You and Martin are all ass!

Now shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and take the cock5 and ram that up your snatch too!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

The Rock5 is the Cock5 baby, ummm,ummm!! But that still disqualifies you. Now keep on Refinishing and see if you ever get it right!

Z GIRL

Refinish King spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Dood, I'm one of the Rock5.

I suggest you pull yourself together, grow a thick skin and quit hassling Z-girl.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i