In need of a set of doors fast!

Hey everyone...

Another asshole backed into my driverside door now...giving me a matched set of doors and has "totaled" the car... insurance is cutting me a check and now I need a set of 3rd gen Camaro doors.. haven't researched if the 'Bird and Camaro doors are interchangable.. look like they should.. but dunno.. anyway.. need a set of doors in resonable condition for a resonable price to prep, sand, and get repainted to match my car. Car does not have power locks, mirrors or windows. Anyone have a line on something? Looked into evilbay and there are a couple possibilities.. but want to see what you guys think as well. Thanks.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

FBR

Geno, sorry to hear about the 'accident', hope you can get the car back in shape real soon. I'd watch Ebay I've found several body parts on there...Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Well.. good news... found a guy that has a set of black T/A doors that I am buying for $200. Friend is pipcking them up this weekend and found my family's former body man (he left the shop we were regulars at.. lol) and he said he would be able to take in it in a couple weeks.. put the doors on.. strip the car, fiix any minor probs that we discussed, attach the POWER doors to the car.. ya I now have power doors.. lol... and do a complete painit job for 1400! So I got an insurance check of 1200, minus the 200 for the doors.. minus the 1400 for the paint job.. means I only have to come up with 400 for the car.. not bad in my book! And the best part is.. he said iit will take him under 2 weeks to finish the job! FINALLY a break... and not a bad one. I'll keep you guys updated.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

LOL sounds like you finally got some good luck happening there Geno

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

Sounds like a hell of a good deal. I'd like to see some pics of it when it's done. Would your friend like some more business? I could use a paint job...

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

Lol.. yeah... finally something good came out of this... Terry.. well.. you'd have to drive across state to the Green Bay area to get to the guy that is doing it... but very nice guy, VERY good work... my family has probably spent over 20 grand to him getting our cars fixed.. hes treated us well. So I am very excited... until I walk outside and see my poor baby all crunched up and not legal to drive... soon.. I keep thinking soon...

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR

Hey I'm in Green Bay occasionally, my sister and her family live there, and my mother also (2 blocks from Lambeau!). So I'm there every holiday. If I need to have a car painted I'll definitely ask you for that referral.

I'm going through camaro withdrawal, I sold my '68 this week, so my son and I are thinking about buying a first gen big block if we can find one reasonable... just not many around in WI/MN area..

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

No... You want to buy my 68 El Camino SS with a 396 & a 12 bolt rear end. You don't need a camaro... Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Well.. finally got a look at the new doors... better than I expected.. and much better than my doors before the crunches. So they are sitting in it's trunk awaiting my dad to come pick up the car to get fixed up. What I think is funny is it will then be more of a Trans Am than a Camaro... Doors, wheels, shifter, rear window, and T-tops all from a T/A. I am beginning to think I should change its name from Tazmaro to TransMaro.. lol. I'm getting more and more excited by the day. Especially when it turns out I might be moving to NC in January and having a garage to start tearing apart my Formula to really see the damage to the body and decide if I really want to tackle it.

-Geno

1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops (aka "Tazmaro") or should it be TransMaro? 1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops 1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Reply to
KITTvsKARR