Re: Firebird coming back?

My first time in here for awhile so don't know if this already

>discussed. I was at my local Pontiac Dealer today and the salesman was >telling me that he heard Firebird will be returning in 2005. Anyone else >hear this rumor? > >Paul

The fact that a car salesman said it makes it a near-certainty that it's not true. It's the converse of the old joke, "If the CIA denies it, it must be true."

Reply to
zmike6

There was a time, not long ago, when someone came in here and was asking about the demise of the F Body...a salesman had told him that the line was dying off...and of course, since a salesman told him that, it was a lie.. Look what happened...

I might add, that those that work >

Reply to
CBHvac

Agreement was made with CAW Canadian auto workers that the Camaro and Firebird name would NEVER come back!

Reply to
Tbas11048

Could you point us to a Web site or resource confirming that statement?

Reply to
Weland

Why in the world would GM ever agree to that.... doesn't even make since..... who knows..... but it seems like I heard that the next generation of Firebird was going to be base upon a modifed Cadillac CTS platform.

Reply to
William Allen Morgan

Not to Canada, but you better keep your eye on Bowling Green...

Now...can you show proof of your statement, or is it bullshit?

Reply to
CBHvac

Reply to
William Allen Morgan

No. The main cause was low sales, due to low marketing (IMHO) and high insurance premiums. But personally, I think if it does come back, GM is better suited building an American Icon in the US.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro