temperature problem 92 Camaro

For years now my 92 RS has had a temperature problem. The car does not over heat however. The gauge in the car will always show the car running hot. I replaced the water pump, thermostat, hoses, fan switch, and cooling water in system. I just do not get it. Sitting at idle the gauage will go into the red. ANy ides or any body else had this problem. Car has 305 TBI engine.

Charles

Reply to
Charles

First, is the fan on at about 236F? If not, then you have a problem.

Second, have you replaced the temp sending unit? The CORRECT one? There are two...three actually, as one is for the fan..the bastard on the passenger side under the manifold... Ones for the ECM, and ones for the guage. Barring that, you have a bad cluster...

Reply to
CBHvac