TH700R4 Folly

This weekend I was working on a 4WD S-10, Was going to change the transmission filter in hopes it was clogged up. When loosened the pan up to where it should have caught on the filter & the Y-pipe I got a surprise. The dang filter was in the pan! Normally the pan will catch on the front of the filter unless you loosen the Y-pipe in a 4.3 4WD S-10.

It's the new aftermarket non clip style, that is just held in with the rubber ring gasket at the top. What happened was somehow the filters tube had came out of the rubber ring, and dropped down. Wearing marks in to the transmission pan. The rubber ring was firmly in place. I had to use a pick tool to remove it.

If your TH700R4 has over 50K since it's last fluid and filter change, or if you don't know the last time it was done. Now might be the time to check. Before you end up with a going bad unit.

Charles When it's someone elses vehical it's funny. When it's your own, you want to strangle some one

Reply to
Charles Bendig