Where does the jack stand go ?

I need to lift my '84 Camaro nose up on jack stands to work on oil pan and transmission areas. But I'm not sure where the jack stands go. Can anyone describe the spots, or point me to a web picture with these areas highlighted ? thanks

Reply to
Guy

Its hard to see from the passenger side because of the exhaust being in the way, but look on the drivers side and you can see behind the front wheel about a foot or so in, there is sub-frame rails that have a couple holes in it. That is the most solid place that I've found to use....

Reply to
John King

You can put them under the control arms. be sure to give the car a good shake before climbing under there...

Ray

Reply to
Ray

Reply to
DVB-Card.com

same place the jack goes

Reply to
DA .

Putting Jack Stands on the body seam where 3rd gen cars have their front factory "emergency" jack is a no-no. It will roll the seam, and the car will no longer sit on the "emergency" jack. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig