'02 Explorer Broken Speaker wiring LF Door

For the past few months, the wiring leading into the drivers door has broken (LF door speaker doesn't work, everything else still works ok). For a while, I could open the door and bend/push/twist the wire harness between the body and door, and get the speaker to work. Now it's completely dead. Since I don't know the condition of all the rest of the wiring in that harness ( vehicle is an Eddie Bauer) would it be better to replace, or repair? Is this item available? To really fix this right, it looks like the entire harness should be removed for the repair. Suggestions? Also FYI: the dealer, over the life of the vehicle has been inside the door 3 times for other repairs.

Reply to
wth

I finally pulled the door panel off yesterday and found the problem was the connector at the speaker. The 2 wires leading into the connector were not broken, but one of the male pins on the speaker must not have slid into the female end properly. Also the dealer had remounted/installed the speaker upside down.....tweeter was at the bottom, should be up, and the 4 hole mount will attach to the door both ways. wth

Reply to
wth