2002 Explorer broken wire in door-body harness

Are broken wires in the door-to-body wiring harness, inside that rubber boot in the jamb, unusual? I recently had all the power windows on the

02 go intermittent for several weeks. Finally they failed totally. Traced it to a broken 12 gauge power supply wire in the driver door-body harness.

The only reason I ask this is because I own a 94 Jetta having this as a chronic problem. Anyway ... please tell me this is unusual. Probably damaged during harness or vehicle build. I can't see any metal it could have come in contact with and the other wires are fine.

I sure hope I'm not seeing a future of wacky windows, alarms, speakers, etc.

Bill

Reply to
HerkyJerky

For an '02 its unusual.

On 2000 and older expeditions I had a few with "door ajar lite " on caused by rubbing in the rear doors

But it can also be caused by temperatures , below zero temps and opening your drivers door 30 times a day can cause a wire to break faster then normal

Reply to
johanb