variable speed fan won't work

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have a 99 mountaineer with climate control (just dial in the number and on Auto the fan/cooling/heating control the temperature in the cockpit). It also has controls for the temp and fan on the steering wheel. I went up into the mountains and took the climate control system out of automatic for the first time in a while yesterday to run the defroster and now the fan won't run on any speed but Max. I think that perhaps there is a second fan that comes on then so perhaps I have a fan that isn't running at all. I checked the fuses and they all looked good but didn't have time to put a meter on them yet. There is a fan relay that I can replace. But I'm running out of ideas. Any experts out there that can help me? Thanks, Jerry

Reply to
No Twilight

I just had this same problem myself. There is a Fan Speed Controller module in place of a blower motor resistor (only used on non auto climate control). From my searches these seem very prone to failure. The module sits in the blower motor housing and is relatively simple to replace. This was the best price I found online @

: Items Ordered: Item: CONTROL ASY-A/C BLWR Price: $84.91 Tax: $0.00 Qty: 1 Total: $84.91

Steve

Reply to
Steve Sigman

Thanks. I'll give this a try this weekend. I love it when you can get an answer this quick online. Hope I can return the favor someday.

--Jerry

Reply to
No Twilight