'02 power mirror switch

2002 Explorer XLT. The switch for the power mirrors works fine for both mirrors for up-down, but over the course of a couple years, the left-right portion has gradually gotten more and more intermittent for both mirrors. It has reached the point where it doesn't work at all for left-right. I guess I need to pull the switch and (hopefully) clean the contacts. Does the switch simply pull out, or do I need to pull off a trim panel to release it? I'd rather not break something as I try to remove it.

Thanks in advance

Bill

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey