1991 Ford Explorer transmission

What would cause all the trany fluid to blow out once the truck gets hot? it does not do it all the time,after it cools down you can fill it and it runs fine.

Reply to
erobbins

Is it blowing out of the vacuum lines? Might be the vacuum modulator. If your hoses on the vacuum cluster are loose and swolen look for transmission fluid. If so I'd say it's fairly certain that it's the modulator.

Reply to
Ulysses

Greg Berchin

Possibly a plugged cooler.

Are you sure you're not overfilling it?

I used to have a GM that didn't like the fluid at the full mark. It would blow out about a quart and then stay there. I finally just gave it what it wanted...end of problem.;)

Dave

Reply to
Hairy