1993 navajo (explorer sport) battery cables

hey all,

i'm having trouble with the positive battery cable on my car and was going to replace it. i bought the cable but when i looked at the car it looked like a huge pain to replace... is it worth bringing it in to a shop to have someone change it? and if i do it myself is there any relatively easy way to go about it? thanks a lot =)

sincerely, jay cushing snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Jay

I did it recently on a '92 Explorer and it was not as hard as it looked. You will need several cable ties to attach the new cable at various points. And if it has a brass/bronze terminal connector you'll want to put some kind of anti-corrosion goop on it. Make sure you disconnect the negative terminal before you start.

The only real difficulty was routing the wire down to the starter. Just follow the route of the old wire and you shouldn't have too much trouble.

I'm getting ready to replace the negative cable too (but not until after I fix my wierd rattle that sounds like the engine is falling apart). You may also need to replace yours.

Reply to
Ulysses

thanks a lot. just wanted to make sure i wouldn't be getting in over my head =)

thanks, jay snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Ulysses wrote:

Reply to
Jay