Replacing car battery 2000 GP

My 2000 GP GT needs a new battery. The original one is leaking from the positive post. I've looked around the net and found I'm not the only one that has the same problem.

So... is there any tricks to installing a battery in this car? I've heard they are a pain to get out.

GM already has enough of my money this month with the tranny rebuild. I can't afford what they want for a battery, let alone the labor charge.

Jay S

Reply to
Jay S

Get the Sears Rangehandler. 1000 Amp - 900 Cold Cranking Amps. Its about $89 on sale and it has a 3 month replacement warranty - 100 month prorated warranty.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~280,033 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I've had good luck with the AutoZone batteries. They also have a longer replacement (before prorating starts) warranty than some of the others.

Lee Richardson

Reply to
Lee Richardson

If I recall, the easiest way is to take the fuse box loose and then rotate the back end of the battery upward. This still isn't very easy, though.

Reply to
hyundaitech