1997 Explorer center brake light not working

To all,

The center brake light is not working on my 97 explorer. The price for a new one is $250. This is an LED unit so it shouldn't have burned out. Besides being expensive I have to drill out some rivets to remove it. Any other known issues besides the light itself.

...Larry

Reply to
Larry

No issues - you need to be sure you got voltage to the light when you hit the brakes, and a good ground.

You will find many late 90's explorers in the junkyards. Lots cheaper to pull one of a dead Ex.

Reply to
ross via CarKB.com

It's not an LED unit, it is a neon lamp, and uses a ballast

Reply to
Fred 2